Monday, January 30, 2012

Equestrian

Growing up, I was never a big fan of horses. I now regret this after being told a couple of years ago that if I wanted to have my own horse/pony, I could have. My grandpa owned a farm for many years, and he was willing to invite horses to his farm, but no one requested one, not even my 8 year old self. I thought it was every girl's dream to own a pony?


After seeing this painting by George Stubbs at the National Gallery in London, I fell in love with horses. They are simply beautiful animals. Don't worry, I am not going to start sketching them all over my notebooks or anything. 


I call these pants my jodhpurs (riding pants). They are not truly jodhpurs, but as close as I will ever get for under $100. (okay, maybe $50- but if you know me, that's still too expensive.) 


Floral button-up: Target
Jodhpur inspired pants: Old Navy? 
Belt: downtown Columbia
Earrings: flea market
Walnut necklace: my sweet grandmother


These earrings have been a go-to pair of earrings since the day I got them, which was probably 3 or 4 years ago. The walnut necklace is from my grandmother's 6 drawer jewelry box! It was one of many items that she graciously let me have. The boots you have all seen before, because I wear them constantly. They literally don't come off of my feet. I sleep, eat and shower in them. Great, now I am a weird horse girl and I have a boot fetish. 

Lastly, the road I am standing on in the last picture is a road in Columbia, Missouri on the beloved, yet loathed, East Campus. At one point, all of the streets on East Campus were brick, and instead of redoing them completely and laying asphalt, they just decided to put asphalt over the brick. Now, I don't mean to dog on Columbia, but sometimes they don't make the wisest decisions. Good thing "Road Making" is no longer offered as a major on campus. 


Big thanks to Amanda Joy Wiele for letting me use her super fancy camera that she paid for with her big girl money! I left this gift on her camera as a token of my gratitude. 



No comments:

Post a Comment