Thursday, February 9, 2012

Welcome to my creative space

Desk.
What can you find out about a person by simply looking at their desk?
You tell me...
DISCLAIMER: my desk is rarely this organized. 

Let's start from the beginning. I bought this desk for ten doll hairs at a garage sale. It was originally for my boyfriend, however, when I moved into a house, I needed a desk. He so kindly gave it back to me. I jazzed it up a bit by adding new knobs to the drawers; sunflower, bird, sunflower. 
These things all tell something about me. To the left is my sewing machine. I use this puppy fairly often. The notebook indicates that I study here as well. (When I am not studying in my bed) I also sit at this desk in the morning to apply my mascara. Of course, I cannot do anything at my desk without lighting my Cinnamon scented candle! Candles make everything better, especially a late night of studying. 

Decorations left to right: Post it notes from my downstairs neighbor who has very lovely handwriting. Also, post it notes telling me not to forget things. (this is what I call "The old lady way to remember things) Picture of old forms of the scissor from an Anthropologie magazine. A picture of Cameron in 4th grade. What a nerd! A picture of Cameron and I, taken for a photo project by one of our friends. TOMS flag that came with my first pair of TOMS. Race for the cure 5K bib. Half Marathon bib- so proud of that piece of paper. 
I love that this desk has a shelf on top, because I have a lot of stuff to store and display. 
Books: The Holy Bible. Fashion from the decades, "Seriously, I'm kidding" by Ellen Degeneres, "The Reason for God" by Timothy Keller, Book of Atlases, Vogue compilations. 

Decorations left to right: Bicycle journal from London. Hand carved elephant from Jamaica. Bird in a birdcage from my childhood. Elephant candle. Elephant incense holder. Colorful, stitched cat from Mexico. Hand painted owl from a market at Chichen Itza. Flowers from random crafts. 

What did you learn about me from looking at my desk?

2 comments:

  1. I spy a couple of little elephants that look familiar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jace! I totally should have given you a shout out. Dangit. I love them!

    ReplyDelete